Chocolate Hazelnut Crepe Cake with Sugared Cranberries
- 1 1/2 Cup Whole Milk
- 3 Eggs
- 2 TBSP Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 6 Tbsp Butter, Melted
Chocolate Hazelnut Whipped Ganache
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 2 Cups Semi Sweet Chocolate
- 1/2 Cup Hazelnut Spread
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup water
- 2 Cups Cranberries
- Sugared Cranberries
- Shaved Chocolate
- Toasted Hazelnuts
- In a blender combine flour, sugar, salt, milk, egg and melted butter
- Puree the mixture until smooth, approx. 30 seconds
- Pour batter into a medium bowl and let it sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Once the batter has rested, whisk it before using
- Heat 10” crepe pan or skillet and brush with butter just to coat the bottom
- Pour 1/3 cup of batter into the pan and swirl it around until the batter covers the bottom of the pan
- Cook the crepe until it has a very light golden underside
- Remove the pan from the heat and loosen the crepe edges using a spatula
- Layer each piece with parchment and set aside until ready to use.
Whipped Chocolate Hazelnut Ganache
- In a small bowl place the chocolate chips and hazelnut spread
- In a sauce pan warm heavy cream until starts to bubble around the edge. (do not bing it to a full boil)
- Pour the heavy cream over the chocolate chip and hazelnut spread and let the mixture sit for 2-3 minutes
- Whisk the chocolate mixture until smooth and shiny
- Allow the ganache to cool to room temperature
- Pour the ganache into the bowl of the mixer and whisk on medium speed until the ganache is light and fluffy (do not over mix)
- In a small saucepan, combine water and sugar and bring to a boil
- Once the sugar is dissolved shut the heat off and remove from the stove.
- Pour fresh cranberries into the simple syrup and gently stir.
- Allow the cranberries to sit in the simple syrup for 10 minutes
- Remove the cranberries from the simple syrup and lay them on parchment paper keeping them all separated.
- Once the cranberries have cooled off, dredge them in granulated sugar
- Serve immediately and Enjoy!
- Very gently layer the crepe with the whipped ganache
- once all the crepe layers are completed, top the final crepe with whipped ganache and garnish with sugared cranberries, toasted hazelnuts and shaved chocolate!