- 6 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup nutella spread
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, crushed
- Preheat oven to 200 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixer with whisk attachment, whisk egg whites and cream of tartar on medium speed until foamy and stiff peaks form.
- Reduce the speed on the mixer and slowly add in 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- Once the sugar is fully combined and the eggs become a little glossy, add in the almond extract.
- When you have stiff peaks, stop the mixer and gently fold in the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Scoop the meringue into 3″ rounds onto a lined baking sheet
- Swirl nutella spread into each meringue, be gentle while swirling so the meringue does not deflate
- Sprinkle the top of each meringue with chopped almonds
- Bake for approximately 1 hour or until the cookies have dried out.
- Remove from the oven, allow the cookies to cool
- store in an airtight container until ready to serve.