Buttery, crushed pecans and powdered sugar make Snowball Cookies the perfect bite size treat!Hey everyone! Thanks for checking out my blog Ink Foods (IN NANNYS KITCHEN) where I will take you through a journey of the most incredible desserts, some new, some old and some of my Nanny’s original recipes! One of my favorite cookies that I have grown up baking and eating is Kipfels.
Snowball Cookies, also known as Kipfels in our family, are a cookie that my family is familiar with because we love to make them and LOVE to eat them. For every holiday we have Snowball Cookies on the table so I have decided to make this my first recipe to share with all of you! These cookies are a melt in your mouth butter cookie that is loaded with pecans and dusted with powdered sugar. A lot of you may be familiar with these cookies, because they are served in many different cultures; Kipfel is the Italian name, Mexican wedding cookies, Russian Tea Cakes and many more! I hope you all enjoy and come back to see where this new journey takes me!
ENJOY…they will go fastPrint
Buttery, crush pecans and powdered sugar make Snowball Cookies the perfect bite size treat!
- Category: Cookie
- Cuisine: Dessert
- 1 Cup Butter
- 1/3 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Cream the butter, sugar, vanilla extract and salt until fully combined
- Add the all purpose flour and pecans and mix until it comes together into a ball
- Scoop the dough into 1” balls (I like to use an ice cream scoop) onto a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden
- Let cool and then dredge in powdered sugar until fully coated
Keywords: Snowball Cookies, Russian Tea Cookies