Buttery, crushed pecans and powdered sugar make Snowball Cookies the perfect bite size treat!Hey everyone! Thanks for checking out my blog Ink Foods (IN NANNYS KITCHEN) where I will take you through a journey of the most incredible desserts, some new, some old and some of my Nanny’s original recipes! One of my favorite cookies that I have grown up baking and eating is Kipfels.
Snowball Cookies, also known as Kipfels in our family, are a cookie that my family is familiar with because we love to make them and LOVE to eat them. For every holiday we have Snowball Cookies on the table so I have decided to make this my first recipe to share with all of you! These cookies are a melt in your mouth butter cookie that is loaded with pecans and dusted with powdered sugar. A lot of you may be familiar with these cookies, because they are served in many different cultures; Kipfel is the Italian name, Mexican wedding cookies, Russian Tea Cakes and many more! I hope you all enjoy and come back to see where this new journey takes me!
ENJOY…they will go fast
- 1 Cup Butter
- ⅓ Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Cream the butter, sugar, vanilla extract and salt until fully combined
- Add the all purpose flour and pecans and mix until it comes together into a ball
- Scoop the dough into 1” balls (I like to use an ice cream scoop) onto a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden
- Let cool and then dredge in powdered sugar until fully coated