A fun twist on a classic Old Fashioned cocktail, Elderflower Old Fashioned is enhanced with St. Germain liqueur for a beautiful spring floral flavor that will be easy and delicious to sip on.
We are in the midst of the coldest weather of the season, but I am dreaming of spring, sun and cocktails. I love classic cocktails, but I always enjoy the creativity of cocktails menus that create classics with a twist. I am keeping the Old Fashioned traditional but adding a beautiful and mild floral flavor that will bring spring into every sip with an elderflower liqueur. St. Germain is a perfect addition to blend with bourbon and bitters to make an Elderflower Old Fashioned.
What is Elderflower
Elderflower is a beautiful white blossom flower that comes from an elder tree. It is commonly used in desserts and drinks and has a very mild floral flavors that will enhance your recipes for a perfect spring touch. St. Germain Liqueur is a popular spirit that comes directly from the flower and is a perfect pairing for champagne, bourbon and gin.
- Pour bourbon, st. germain and bitters over a large molded sphere ice ball and into a low ball glass
- Garnish each glass with an orange peel and an edible flower
- If you want to fancy up your cocktail, make floral and fruit ice cubes to add to your glass.
More Cocktail Recipes You Will Love
Elderflower Old Fashioned Cocktail
- 2 ounces Bourbon
- 1 ounce St. Germain
- 2 Dashes Bitters
- Orange Peel
- Edible Flower
- In a low ball glass add an ice ball or cubed ice
- Pour in the bourbon, st. germain, and bitters and gently stir to combine
- Garnish the glass with a piece of orange peel and an edible flower
- Enjoy immediately!
Photos By Audrie Dollins
Leave a Reply