Ruby red strawberries muddled with fresh mint, lime juice, rum and fizzy club soda make this Strawberry Mojito Cocktail a refreshing drink to sip on while socializing with friends on warm summer nights!
As summer is in full swing and the temperatures are rising, fresh fruit and cold drinks are top of mind. A Strawberry Mojito Cocktail is a take on the classic mojito made of mint and lime but when the strawberries are bright and sweet, they must be added. Muddled strawberries and mint make the most refreshing flavor paired with fresh lime juice, rum, a dash of simple syrup to sweeten it up and club soda for the fizz.
How To Make A Strawberry Mojito Cocktail
Prepare the Simple Syrup
Simple syrup is always great to keep on hand and can be made in advance. Simple syrup is made with only two ingredients, granulated sugar and water, and needs to be boiled until the sugar is dissolved. Once the sugar is dissolved, remove the syrup from the heat and allow it to cool to room temperature. Store the simple syrup in a glass jar in the refrigerator until you are ready to use it. This simple syrup can be used for many different cocktails or is perfect to sweeten homemade lemonade.
Once the simple syrup is made, you are ready to begin. Grab three fresh strawberries, quarter them and place them in the bottom of a high ball glass with chopped fresh mint leaves. Muddle the fruit and mint to release the juices and the aroma from the mint leaves before adding the fresh lime juice, rum and simple syrup. The last step of this sweet and refreshing cocktail is the bubbles of club soda. Club soda is unsweetened and adds the perfect amount of fizz to the sweet and tart strawberry and lime combination. You are ready to serve and enjoy just the way it is or add a fresh mint leaf and a slice of lime to fancy your glass up. Enjoy!
More Summer Sips
The Perfect Paloma
Floral and Fruit Ice Cubes
Sparkeling Kale Lemonade
Fresh Fruit Mocktails
Strawberry Mojito Cocktail
½ Cup Granulated Sugar
½ Cup Water
4-6 Fresh Mint Leaves
3 Strawberries, quartered
½-1 Ounce Fresh Lime Juice
½ Ounce Simple Syrup
2 Ounces Rum
- In a small saucepan combine the granulated sugar and water
- Gently stir the sugar water and bring to a boil until the sugar has dissolved
- Remove the simple syrup from the heat and allow it to cool completely before using
- Store the simple syrup in a glass jar in the refrigerator until ready to use
- In a 16 ounce highball glass, muddle the strawberries and mint leaves
- Pour the fresh lime juice, simple syrup and rum over the muddled strawberries and muddle again until combined
- Add ice to the glass (almost to the top) and pour the club soda to fill the remainder of the glass
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves and lime slices
- Serve and Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1
Leave a Reply