A healthy way to start your day and something your kids will love as well! Sparkling Kale Lemonade is taking my favorite morning routine of fresh vegetable juice and adding some fizz…and I am so obsessed!
When your kids ask for Kale Lemonade, you know you are doing something right! They love the idea of pulling out the juicer, adding in the fresh veggies and seeing the outcome. It takes a lot of veggies for a little juice, but the nutrition value added is so key and takes your traditional lemonade to the next level.
Kale, a mega green antioxidant that is loaded with vitamins C, with the sweet flavor of pineapple, the freshness of celery and tangy lemon add all the characters for the perfect sparkling juice!
- 2 Cups Kale Leaves, tough stem removed
- 4 Celery Stalks
- 1 Cup Pineapple Chunks
- 2 Large Lemon, remove skin
- ½ Cup Simple Syrup *
- 2 Cup Sparkling Water
- In a juicer, juice the kale leaves, celery stalks, pineapple and lemon
- In a large pitcher, mix juice together with simple syrup and sparkling water
- Serve over ice, enjoy!
- In a small saucepan, combine the ½ cup water and ½ cup granulated sugar
- Bring to a boil and a stir until sugar is dissolved
- Remove the syrup from the heat and allow it to cool completely before using
- Use more or less depending on how sweet you like it!