The ultimate fall cocktail that will fit perfectly on your Thanksgiving table, Apple Cider Aperol Spritz is sweet, sparkly, and has a touch of cinnamon spice!
Setting the table for Thanksgiving is always so special! Whether you are hosting a small or medium crowd, there is so much to be thankful for. I know that when I prepare my menu and plan for my place setting, a fall cocktail is always the best way to add one last special touch. The Apple Cider Aperol Spritz is the ultimate fall cocktail: slightly sweet with a hint of bitterness, and full of bubbles. It's a lovely fall adaptation of the Classic Italian Aperol Spritz. The flavor is outstanding, and with a cinnamon sugar rim, the presentation is just as beautiful.
This cocktail is quick and easy but has a wow factor that you will love for your fall celebration. Apple cider, Aperol, champagne, and a splash of club soda, all come together to make a gorgeous red/orange cocktail. To take it to the next level, garnish the Apple Cider Aperol Spritz with a thinly sliced apple, a cinnamon stick to stir, and a fresh sprig of thyme. Adding a touch of cinnamon spice really makes this cocktail stand out. I hope you'll enjoy sipping on this during fall as much as I do!
- Aperol & Champagne- Whatever brands you like
- Spiced Apple Cider- You can also use classic apple cider, depending on what flavor you're going for!
- Club Soda- Just a splash for a bit more carbonation
- Garnish- Thin apple slices, cinnamon sticks, thyme leaf
- Cinnamon Sugar- For a beautiful and delicious touch to the glass
- Rub the rim of a stemless wine glass with a slice of lemon and dip the glass in cinnamon sugar mixture; set aside until ready to use
- Add ice to the glass until it is almost full
- Pour the spiced apple cider, Aperol, and champagne into the glass
- Top off the mixture with a splash of club soda to fill the glass to the top
- Stir the Apple Cider Aperol Spritz together and garnish with a slice of apple, cinnamon stick, and a thyme leaf
- Enjoy with your Thanksgiving meal or any fall occasion!
Tips and FAQs for Apple Cider Aperol Spritz
- Adding the cinnamon sugar to the rim of the glass really adds a great spiced fall flavor while sipping on your cocktail
- Apple cider can be classic or spiced depending on how much flavor you want to add
- Champagne or Prosecco works great in this recipe
- Use the cinnamon stick to stir your cocktail, it adds a great spiced flavor!
Aperol is an Italian bitter aperitif that is a bright orange color. An aperitif is typically dry rather than sweet and a cocktail only needs a small amount to get the flavor you are looking for.
Aperol and Campari are similar, but Campari is much more bitter and will change the taste of the drink, so I don't recommend it.
More Fall Cocktails You Will Love
Thank you for visiting Joy + Oliver. If you tried this recipe, please leave a 5 Star Review in the recipe card and save all your favorite recipes to Pinterest!Print
Apple Cider Aperol Spritz
- Prep Time: 5
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
1 ounce Aperol
3 ounces Spiced Apple cider
3 ounces Champagne
Splash of club soda
Garnish: sliced apples, cinnamon sticks and thyme leaf
3 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
Prepare the Glass:
- Rub the rim of the glass with a slice of lemon and dip the glass in cinnamon sugar mixture; set aside until ready to use
Prepare the Apple Cider Aperol Spritz Cocktail:
- Add ice to a stemless wine glass until it is almost full
- Pour the spiced apple cider, aperol and champagne into the glass
- Top of the mixture with a slash of club soda to fill the glass to the top
- Stir the Apple Cider Aperol Spritz and garnish with a slice of apple, cinnamon stick and a thyme leaf
Keywords: Apple Cider Aperol Spritz