Crispy, fudge, and caramelized are the three words that come from each bite of this Chocolate Brownie Pie and trust me, it will be hard to eat any other brownie. Maybe not a traditional pie, but ever since the first time I made this Chocolate Brownie Pie, it had so many layers that it reminded me of the perfect pie. I love the idea of a round brownie versus square or rectangle, it can be sliced into wedges and can be served with fresh fruit, chocolate ganache sauce or can be left just the way it is. Brownies are my kind of dessert, they can be simple or they can be super fancy and it is really all about the ingredients you put in them. Picking your chocolate is one of the most important factors of a brownie. I use semi sweet chocolate, which gives the brownies a nice depth of flavor and not to sweet…and this is a fancy brownie. A brownie that your little ones will love, but can also be served at the fanciest dinner party and everyone will have rave reviews.
The way that the Chocolate Brownie Pie bakes and creates three very distinct layers. This is nothing that you are going to have to do for the brownie, it does it itself! The first layer that you will recognize is the crunch. The brownie will have a slight cracked look on the top once it is baked, but don’t worry this is all good! The crunch adds the perfect texture once you enter into the fudge layer. More on the traditional side of a brownie, the fudge layer is decadent, rich and full of flavor. The final layer of the Chocolate Brownie Pie is a caramelized flavor. Not something you typically see while making and eating a brownie, but this is where it gets good. These three layers of the Chocolate Brownie Pie is why it is so special.
Chocolate Brownie Pie
Crispy, fudge, and caramelized are the three words that come from each bite of this Chocolate Brownie Pie and trust me, it will be hard to eat any other brownie.
- 1 1/2 Cups Unsalted Butter
- 8 Ounces Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 4 Eggs
- 2 2/3 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a 10″ springform pan with nonstick spray and parchment covering the bottom
- In a medium bowl, melt butter and chocolate over boiling water
- In a mixing bowl with paddle attachment, beat eggs, sugar and salt until combined. Do not over mix or to much air will get into the eggs
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and mix on medium speed until combined
- Add flour to chocolate mixture
- Pour batter into 10″ springform pan
- Bake for 40-50 minutes
- Allow the brownie to cool completely before removing from the pan
- (there will be a little bit of cracking on the top of the brownie….all is good!)
- some time the brownie will fall a little in the pan if to much air is whipped into the eggs. If this happens, take a small plate and gently press the top of the brownie down to flatten the surface (do this while it is still hot)
- Serving Size: 12