Taking a few of our favorite things to make these decadent Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Bars. Creamy peanut butter, graham crackers, and Rice Krispies Cereal topped with semi sweet chocolate makes the perfect dessert bar for casual or formal entertaining. In just a few days, we are heading into July. I actually can’t believe how fast June flew by, but we are trying hard to make the most of our summer days. There has been a lot of outdoor play (sweating and all), swimming, fun camps, and lots of family time. As the girls are getting older it is fun, and quite expensive ;), to have lunch, run errands and shop around and we always find our way it a cute little bakery. The past few, I have noticed Peanut Butter Bars and they look so good. We always ended up picking another treat, but I had them on my mind…so here we are. I played around with a recipe that I used to use when I owned the bakery, but it was for Peanut Butter Balls. These were always a favorite, but I didn’t love how they transitioned into bars, so I added a few more ingredients and covered the top in chocolate.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Bars are made with creamy peanut butter, graham cracker crumbs for stability and Rice Krispies Cereal for the crunch. Adding the top layer of chocolate, take these bars to another level and I am kind of loving it. Rather than going the tradition route and shaping them in a square pan, I used a loaf pan to create a thicker peanut butter layer and giving the final slice a beautiful presentation. Make these for your peanut butter loving people and you will be their hero! Enjoy!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Bars
Taking a few of our favorite things to make these decadent Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Bars. Creamy peanut butter, graham crackers, and rice crispy cereal topped with semi sweet chocolate makes the perfect dessert bar for casual or formal entertaining.
Peanut Butter Bars
- 2 Cups Graham Crackers Crumbs
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Melted
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1 Cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 4 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- In a large bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, peanut butter and melted butter
- Stir ingredients until combined
- Add in powdered sugar and stir until thick and smooth
- Once all ingredients are combined, gently stir in Rice Krispies Cereal
- Press the peanut butter batter into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper
- Refrigerate until firm
- Make the chocolate glaze while you wait
- Place the chocolate chips and butter in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute or until chocolate and butter are melted
- Stir chocolate until smooth
- Remove peanut butter bars from the refrigerator and pour chocolate glaze on the top
- Place the bars back in the refrigerator until the chocolate is set
- Remove from the loaf pan and slice into 1 1/2 inch bars
- Serve or store in air tight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serving Size: 6