Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats are the ultimate child friendly and adult approved dessert. Melted chocolate, extra marshmallows and the crunch of rice krispie cereal is the best of the best!
Taking these big bites of goodness to the next level and it is such a wonderful thing. How can a classic Rice Krispie Treat get better you ask….add chocolate! I am taking on the duty making rice krispies a gourmet treat and not just childhood memory. Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats are like no other and I promise you will be addicted.
- 8 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 11 Cups Mini Marshmallows + 1 Cup Mini Marshmallows
- 1½ Cups Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 12 Cups Rice Krispie Cereal
- Prepare a ¼ sheet pan (9x13) with parchment paper
- In a large saucepan add butter and stir until melted
- Add 11 cups of marshmallows and chocolate chips into the melted butter and stir until fully melted
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in rice krispie cereal until fully combined
- Add the remaining 1 cup of mini marshmallows to the mixture and stir just until combined, but not melted
- Pour the Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats onto the sheet pan and press down until flat and even
- Allow the rice krispie treats to cool before cutting
- Cut into 3 inch squares or desired size
- (these rice krispie treats are very thick! if you like them thinner, you can half this recipe)