A quick and healthy breakfast or snack can be made in no time using a blender and a small list of ingredients. These gluten free Healthy Blender Banana Peanut Butter Muffins are the most moist and tender muffins with a hint of peanut butter flavor, a dash of cinnamon and sprinkled with mini semisweet chocolate chips.
As we are rushing out the doors most mornings I am always in search for the perfect breakfast that is quick and easy, low in refined sugar, high in protein and will be a fulfilling way to start the day. As a family we are always enjoying our favorite Classic Banana Bread , Gluten Free Lemon Zucchini Bread or Buttermilk Apple Spice Muffins, but I have finally found a bite size treat that not only tastes amazing, but is good for you too. Healthy Blender Banana Peanut Butter Muffins are gluten free, dairy free, no refined sugars, seven grams of protein per muffin and made in a blender; it doesn't get much better than that!
Bananas Ripe bananas that are speckled with brown are the best for this recipe, they are soft and slightly sweeter.
Eggs Eggs play a very important roll in these muffin since there is no flour. The eggs will create the structure for these muffins to hold their shape.
Peanut Butter Creamy peanut butter will be the best options for this recipe for a smooth consistency but could also be replaced with your favorite nut butter.
Maple Syrup There is no refined sugar added to this recipe so pure maple syrup will be the sweetening agent for the muffins. If you don't have pure maple syrup on hand, you can replace it with honey.
Baking Soda The leavening agent in these muffins and cannot be replace for baking powder. Baking soda will help the muffins rise.
Cinnamon Adding dash of cinnamon is a perfect addition to these banana peanut butter muffins.
Mini Chocolate Chips Mini semisweet chocolate chips are added after the batter is blended. For a dairy free muffin, make sure to use dairy free mini chocolate chips.
- In a blender combine all the ingredients except the mini chocolate chips and blend on high speed for 2 minute or until the batter is fully combined and creamy
- Stop the blender and add in the mini chocolate chips
- Using spatula, stir the mini chocolate chip into the muffin batter
- Evenly divide the banana peanut butter muffin batter into a 12 count muffin pan
- Bake the muffins at 375 degrees F for 15-16 minutes
- Remove the muffins from the oven and allow them to cool completely before removing them from the pan
- Serve and Enjoy!
How to Store Muffins
Although these healthy gluten free banana peanut butter muffins get eaten up really quickly in our home, sometime I make a large batch to save and have ready for a quick and easy breakfast. Store the muffins in an airtight container and enjoy them for 2-3 days. If you plan to save the muffins for a longer period of time it is best to freeze them. Using a large ziplock bag or an airtight container, these banana peanut butter muffins will freeze perfectly for up to one month. Remove the muffins from the freezer and let them sit on the counter for a few hours to defrost.
Expert Tips and FAQS
- Using a blender is a quick and easy way to make this recipe without having to pull out the big mixers.
YES! These muffins are naturally gluten free and made with no flour at all. They are so great and are a really healthy breakfast option.
If you choose dairy free chocolate chips than this recipe is dairy free!
Absolutely! Just cut back on the baking time because they will bake much quicker than regular size.
More Breakfast Ideas You Will Love
Thank you visiting Joy + Oliver. If you tried this recipe, please leave a 5 Star Review in the recipe card and save all your favorite recipes to Pinterest!
Healthy Blender Banana Peanut Butter Muffins
- 2 Bananas Ripe
- 2 Eggs Large
- 1 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- ¼ Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ½ Cup Mini Semisweet Chocolate Chips Dairy Free Optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and prepare a 12 count muffin pan with baking spray; set aside
- In a blender, combine the bananas, eggs, peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, baking soda and cinnamon and blend until smooth and creamy
- Add in the mini chocolate chips and using a spatula mix to combine
- Divide the batter into the muffin pan ¾ full (12 muffins total)
- Bake for 15-16 minutes or until the muffins spring back at the touch or a tester comes out clean
- Allow the muffins to cool before removing them from the muffin pan
- Enjoy! For extra muffins, store them in an airtight container or freeze to enjoy later