Buttermilk Apple Spice Muffins are flavorful, moist and have the perfect apple crunch! These muffins will be enjoyed all fall long!
We are slightly obsessed with muffins aka "moon muffins" (thanks Mickey Mouse) in our home! Breakfast, after school snack, "i'm still hungry" after dinner snack are all the perfect times for a individual, flavor packed, made from scratch muffin and Buttermilk Apples Spice Muffins are hard to beat.
After a few test runs of this recipe, they kept getting better and they are finally perfected. These Buttermilk Apples Spice Muffins are super moist, thanks to the buttermilk, have the perfect of cinnamon and ginger spice and the most delicious apple crunch.
During the baking process, make sure not to over mix your batter and adding apples to the batter can be tricky. The best way to incorporate the apples is to fold (or mix) them into the dry ingredients before adding it into the butter and egg mixture. Folding the apples into the dry ingredients will ensure that all the apples get evenly distributed throughout the batter and won't separate once they are added in.
Buttermilk Apple Spice Muffins are going to be on our counter all fall long and might even replace our go to Banana Bread for the season!
Buttermilk Apple Spice Muffins
Buttermilk Apple Spice Muffins are flavorful, moist and has the perfect apple crunch! These muffins will be enjoyed all fall long!
- 2 ½ Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Ginger
- 1/ tsp Salt
- ½ Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 2 Cups Honeycrisp Apples, Diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a muffin pan with non stick spray
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt
- Using a stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy
- Add in one egg at a time and mix until incorporated
- Add the diced apples into the flour mixture and mix until apples are coated
- With the mixer on low speed, alternate the flour mixture and the buttermilk until all ingredients are combined
- Fill the muffin pan ¾ full
- Sprinkle the top of each muffin batter with Cinnamon Sugar topping
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
- Remove from the oven and allow the muffins to cool before removing from the pan
- ⅓ Cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ tsp CInnamon
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the cinnamon and sugar
- Store in an airtight container until ready to use