Fancy dessert recipes tend to scare us out of the kitchen, but with only a few ingredients, no oven and no water bath, stovetop crème brûlée makes it easy to recreate a favorite restaurant dessert at home. With its rich and silky texture and crunchy caramelized sugar topping, this will be your go-to dessert.
No Bake Creme Brulee
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 4 large egg yolks
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons corn starch
- Turbinado sugar or granulated sugar (to brulee)
- In a medium saucepan, combine cream and vanilla bean (scrape seeds out of pod) and bring to a simmer.
- While cream is heating, whisk egg yolks, sugar and cornstarch in a bowl.
- Slowly add hot cream to the egg mixture and continue whisking until fully combined.
- Pour mixture back into the saucepan and cook until it starts to thicken (do not bring it to a boil).
- Once the custard is thick, remove the pan from the heat and transfer to a bowl.
- Continue whisking for 2-3 minutes to make the custard extra silky.
- Spoon custard into individual glass ramekins and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle the top of the custard with sugar and torch until sugar is caramelized.
- Serve immediately!
- Serving Size: 4