PECAN PIE FRENCH TOAST BAKE……Yessss!!! So after Thanksgiving, I thought I was done with pies for a little while. I was ready to move on to Christmas cookies, but Pecan Pie French Toast Bake is the answer that we all need for all of our holiday brunches…I promise you will fall in love!
French toast can be made with a variety of different breads, but my go to is challah bread. This eggy, soft and rich bread, makes the most fluffy french toast that is sure to impress all of your guests.
Pecan Pie French Toast Bake
- 1 Loaf Challah Bread, cut into 1” cubes
- 8 large Eggs
- 2 cups Milk
- 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 Cups Pecans
Pecan Pie Filling
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Light Corn Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 Cup Butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients for the pecan pie filling and set aside
- In a separate bowl, mix together the eggs, milk, heavy cream, sugar and vanilla, and pecans
- Add the chopped bread into a deep casserole dish (9×13) and pour the egg mixture over to bread to cover completely
- Gently stir bread to get each piece coated in the egg mixture
- Evenly pour the pecan pie filling on top of the bread mixture
- Bake fore 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and cooked throughout.
- Serve warm with maple syrup and fresh whipped cream!
- Serving Size: 10