Gooey bites of cinnamon sugar dough balls, Monkey Bread Loaf also known as Cinnamon Sugar Pull Apart Bread is an easy and delicious alternative to a cinnamon roll but even easier! Made with frozen dough balls, cinnamon sugar and a creamy caramel sauce, this is a perfect brunch treat!
Frozen Dough Balls-This is the secret to this amazing cinnamon sugar bread! I love using Rhodes Frozen Dinner Rolls, but there are many other brands that work great.
Sugar- Both brown sugar and granulated sugar are used in this recipe. The granulated sugar is for the cinnamon sugar coating and the brown sugar for the caramel sauce.
Spices- Ground cinnamon and ground ginger are the only two spices in this recipe. If you don't love ginger you can leave it out of the ingredients.
Butter-Unsalted butter will create a super creamy and delicious caramel sauce
Heavy Cream- A small of amount of heavy cream make this caramel sauce soft and creamy
How To Make Monkey Bread
- Cut the frozen uncooked dinner roll dough into quarters while the dough is still frozen
- Coat the dough balls in the cinnamon sugar mixture until they are fully coated
- Place the cinnamon sugar dough into the prepared loaf pan and set aside while you are making the caramel sauce
- In a small saucepan, combine the light brown sugar, butter and heavy cream and bring to a boil until the sugar is dissolved
- Pour the caramel sauce over the dough balls
- Cover the loaf pan with plastic wrap and let it sit at room temperature for 45 minutes to allow the dough balls to rise
- Bake the monkey bread loaf for 35-40 minutes or until the dough is cooked all the ways through
- Remove the loaf from the oven and allow it to cool for 10 minute before inverting the monkey bread onto a serving platter
- Serve Warm!!!
Tips and FAQS To Make The Best Monkey Bread
More Easy Breakfast Recipe To Try
Thank you for visiting Joy + Oliver. If you tried this recipe, please leave a 5 Star Review in the recipe card and save all your favorite recipes to Pinterest!
Easy Monkey Bread Loaf
- 20 Frozen Uncooked Dinner Roll Dough cut in quarters (I love Rhodes Rolls)
- ¼ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Ground Ginger
- ½ Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 6 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter Melted
- 3 Tablespoons Heavy Cream
- Prepare a loaf pan by brushing melted better to coat the pan
- While the rolls are still frozen, cut them into quarters; set aside
- In a small bowl, whisk together the granulated sugar, cinnamon and ginger
- Dip the quartered dough balls into the cinnamon sugar mixture
- Place the cinnamon sugar balls into prepared loaf pan
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat the light brown sugar, butter and heavy cream, stir the sauce continuously until the sugar is dissolved and it begins to simmer
- Pour the sauce over the dough balls in the loaf pan
- Cover the pan with plastic wrap and allow the monkey bread to rise for 45 minutes
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes
- Allow the monkey bread to sit for 10 minutes before inverting the monkey bread onto a platter
- Serve warm, Enjoy!
It might sound crazy but this recipe is best with frozen dinner roll dough balls! There is no need to make them from scratch. I love using Rhodes Rolls, but other brands work just as well Flavor Variations Chopped Pecans
A great addition to this monkey bread. Sprinkle pecans throughout the cinnamon sugar coated dough balls before pouring the caramel sauce on top. Diced Apples
Adding diced apples will make this monkey bread have a delicious fall flavor. Add the apples in the cinnamon sugar dough mixture before adding the caramel sauce. Chocolate
Make this extra gooey and chocolate by sprinkling chocolate chips into the cinnamon sugar dough mixture before adding the caramel sauce.