Jam Shortbread Bars are made with butter, brown sugar, flour and your favorite jam. These layered bars are easy to make and are so perfect for the holiday cookie craze!
The holiday cookie craze is upon us and these Jam Shortbread Bars are the perfect addition to your holiday table. With only a few simple ingredients and a quick and easy process, you will have the most delicious bar that your whole family will love. The best part about these jam bars is that you can choose your favorite flavor jam for the filling and you can rotate seasonally.
How to Make Jam Shortbread Bars
Quick and easy, these bars area dream of true. Made by creaming together butter, light brown sugar and vanilla extract and then slowly adding flour to create a crumble texture. This dough will be the base and the topping of this bar and your favorite jam as the filling. I love playing around with different flavor jams and keeping them festive for the season. These bars are made with Jammit Jam Limited Edition Spicy Fig Jam which is perfect for the holidays.
Tips & Faqs For Jam Shortbread Bars
- Using light brown sugar in this recipe really keeps the dough very tender and soft
- You can use any jam you love. Jammit Jams has a variety of gourmet flavors or you can keep it simple with a basic raspberry, strawberry or apricot jam.
- The dough will be very crumbly and will not fully come together. This is CORRECT! Once you press the dough into the pan it will come together for the base and will still create the perfect crumb topping
- These bars can be enjoyed the day you make them, can be store in an airtight container for 5-6 day or can be frozen for one month
Jam Shortbread Bars
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 minute
- Yield: 12-16 1x
1 Cup Unsalted Butter, room temperature
½ Cup Light Brown Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2 Cups All Purpose Flour
¼ teaspoon Salt
½ - ¾ Cup Jam (flavor optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a 8x8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper
In a mixing bowl with paddle attachment, cream together the butter, light brown sugar and vanilla extract until fully combined
- On low speed, slowly add the flour and salt to the butter mixture until it becomes a crumbly texture
- Add ¾ of the shortbread dough to the prepared pan and press down to create a flat and even surface
- Spread the jam on top of the shortbread base and then add the remaining crumble to the top of the jam
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the shortbread turns a light golden color
- Remove the Jam Shortbread Bars from the oven and allow them to cool completely before removing them from the pan (refrigerate if you are in a rush)
- Once the bars are cool, remove them from the pan and cut them into the desired shape and size
- Serve or store in an airtight container for 4-5 days
Keywords: Jam Shortbread Bars