- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Red food coloring
- White Chocolate Chips
- Crushed Peppermint
- Preheat oven to 200 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixer with whisk attachment, whisk egg whites and cream of tartar on medium speed until foamy and stiff peaks form.
- Reduce the speed on the mixer and slowly add in 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Once the sugar is fully combined and the eggs become a little glossy, add in the peppermint extract.
- When you have stiff peaks, stop the mixer and gently fold in the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Put half of the meringue in another bowl and fold in red food coloring until combined (do not over mix).
- Using a piping bag and a star tip, fill one side of the bag with red meringue and the other side with white meringue.
- Pipe meringue onto prepared baking sheet into 2-inch cookies.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour or until the cookies have dried out.
- Remove from the oven, allow the cookies to cool
- Melt white chocolate and dip the bottoms of the meringue into chocolate and dip in crushed peppermint
- Allow the chocolate to dry and store in an airtight container until ready to serve.