A classic cookie taken to the next level with an extra serving of chocolate chips, chopped pecan and a dash of sea salt! These are the Best Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies!
Mid week recipes are going to be my thing, we all need a pick me up right in the middle of the week and it gives you enough time to gather all your ingredients and be ready to bake for the weekend. It also gives me a few days to get myself together after a fun filled weekend!
I have to say, I have not always been a fan of pecan in my cookies, as a matter of fact, I typically would not eat the cookie if it had nuts in it. Well, times have changed and I am a full believer of pecans, chocolate chips and sea salt making the ultimate cookie, The Best Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookie. No, there are no fancy ingredients, there are just all natural real ingredients that make these the best!
All butter, majority light brown sugar with a small portion of granulated sugar. Extra chocolate chips and chopped so that every single bite gets chocolate and itty bitty pecan pieces sprinkled throughout! I added a dash of sea salt, which makes them even more addicting and a pecan half on top because…why not!
Here is the trick…make sure to refrigerate the batter for at least a few hours, but I prefer overnight. This allows the dough to rest and keep the cookie nice and thick. Do not press the ball of cookie dough down, I like thick and gooey cookies and these are just that!
- 2¼ Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1¼ Cup Light Brown Sugar
- ¼ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2½ Cups Semi Sweet Chocolate Chunks, Chopped
- 1 Cup Pecan Pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a mixer with paddle attachment, cream together the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until smooth and fluffy
- Add in eggs and vanilla extract, one at a time until and mix until fully combined
- Gradually add in the flour, baking soda and salt; mix until the batter is smooth and all ingredients are incorporated
- Add chopped chocolate chips and pecan pieces to the batter; mix well
- Transfer the dough into a bowl or air tight container and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or for best results, overnight!
- Scoop batter into 2 inch balls, sprinkle sea salt on top of each and place a pecan half on top of each ball of dough (do not flatten the dough)
- Bake the cookies for 12-13 minutes or until the edges are golden brown (the center may still seem under cooked, but they do continue to bake out of the oven)
- Allow the cookies to cool
- Serve warm or store in a air tight container