The most refreshing summer cocktail, Watermelon Vodka Punch is a made with only 4 ingredients, all fresh fruit juices, homemade simple syrup and watermelon vodka for an extra punch of flavor. So perfect for the season of outdoor entertaining and the hot summer heat!
I have to say, I am so excited for summer! I love the laid back schedule, lots of pool time and casual outdoor entertaining. We tend to spend most of our summer days outside, even though the Texas heat is pretty hot, refreshing drinks are a must all season long.
For our kids, we are constantly making fun flavored smoothies that keep them full and hydrated and for myself and my husband, refreshing cocktails are always a must! This Watermelon Vodka Punch made with Western Son Watermelon Vodka is pretty awesome and it serves a crowd. Perfect for Memorial Day BBQ's or 4th of July entertaining, this punch is made with fresh watermelon juice, fresh lemon juice, simple syrup and vodka and will be on repeat for the summer!
Watermelon-Fresh watermelon juice is truly the best! Peel, cut, juice and strain the juice for the perfect summer refresher.
Vodka-Western Son Watermelon Vodka is a great addition to this punch and adds even more flavor. If you don't have Watermelon Vodka, you can use plain vodka and it will still taste amazing.
Lemon Juice-Fresh squeezed lemon juice is the only way to go! Don't use bottled or it could change the flavor.
Simple Syrup-Two simple ingredients, sugar and water, make this simple syrup. It is always great to keep this on hand for all of your favorite cocktails.
How To Make The Best Watermelon Vodka Punch
Made with four simple and fresh ingredients, you are going to love this punch all summer long!
Peel and cut the watermelon before blending it up. Once the juice is blended it is very important to strain the pulp from the juice so that you have a very smooth finish. This step can be completed 1-2 days before you need to serve the cocktail.
Mix The Punch
The day of your event you can combine all the ingredients into your favorite punch bowl and mix everything up. You can either serve it immediately or store it in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve!
Serve up this punch in your favorite glasses, add a piece of fresh mint, a slice of watermelon and fresh flower for a fancy finish!
Tips and FAQS To Make The Best Punch
Fresh watermelon juice is easy to make using a blender and most importantly make sure to strain the juice to remove all of the pulp! You can make the juice 1-2 days before you are serving the cocktail to avoid making a mess the day of. If you have leftover watermelon juice you can freeze it in ice cube trays to use in the punch or save for another time.
Simple Syrup is a staple ingredient for cocktail making and something you should keep on hand. Made with granulated sugar and water, this syrup can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week in a jar or this adorable crystal bottle.
YES! This watermelon punch will taste great with regular vodka as well but the Western Son Watermelon Vodka adds a great extra punch of flavor.
Yes! You can store the leftover punch in the refrigerator for up to 2 days after making it.
More Cocktails You Will Love
Thank you for visiting Joy + Oliver. If you tried this recipe, please leave a 5 Star Review in the recipe card and save all your favorite recipes to Pinterest!
Please visit us on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest for more of our favorite recipes that you will love!
Watermelon Vodka Punch
Watermelon Vodka Punch
- 4 Cups Fresh Watermelon Juice
- 2 Cups Western Son Watermelon Vodka
- ¾ Cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- ½ Cup Simple Syrup
- Fresh Mint Leaves
- Watermelon Ice Cubes
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
Watermelon Ice Cubes (optional)
- 4 Cups Watermelon Cubed
Watermelon Vodka Punch
- Slice the watermelon, remove the skin and cut into small cubes
- Place the watermelon cubes in a blender and blend until smooth and pour the watermelon juice through a strainer to remove the pulp
- In a punch bowl combine the watermelon juice, watermelon vodka, lemon juice, simple syrup, mint leaves and a few slices of watermelon; mix to combine all ingredients
- Pour each serving over ice or store in the refrigerator until ready to serve
- In a small sauce pan combine the sugar and water and bring to a simmer until all the sugar is dissolved
- Remove the syrup from the heat and allow it to come to room temperature before using or storing in a jar for later use
Watermelon Ice Cubes
- Slice the watermelon, remove the skin and cut into small cubes. Place the watermelon cubes in a blender and blend until smooth and pour the watermelon juice through a strainer to remove the pulp
- Pour the watermelon juice into the ice cube trays or sphere ice cube molds and freeze for 24 hours
Leave a Reply