Stay in and make Valentine’s Day extra special with your favorite meal and the most decadent Flourless Molten Chocolate Cake. Naturally gluten free and made with only six ingredients, this molten cake has the elements of a classic chocolate cake and a soufflé mixed together.
We all love going to a restaurant to get a perfectly plated and flavorful meal, your favorite cocktail and ending with a gourmet dessert, but cozying up at home sometimes takes the cake, especially when you can make your own gourmet dessert! Chocolate Molten Cakes are seen on a variety of restaurant menus and now you can make the best one yet in your own kitchen. Cake like texture on the outside, gooey chocolate lava on the inside and made with only six ingredients, this gourmet dessert will be a chocolate lovers dream.
Ingredients To Make The Best Flourless Molten Chocolate Cake
Made with only six ingredients, these individual molten chocolate cakes are a special dessert that can be enjoyed at home. Made with high quality semi sweet chocolate chips, unsalted butter, sugar, cornstarch, whole eggs and egg yolks.
How To Make The Flourless Molten Chocolate Cake
Making these molten chocolate cakes are not as complicated at they seem. It is a two step process of melting the butter and chocolate together and combining it with the granulated sugar and cornstarch. Once these ingredients are combined, slowly beat in the eggs and egg yolks. The combination of the eggs and yolks make for a super dense cake that will bake to a cake light texture around the edges, but will keep a soft and liquid center.
Once the batter is prepped it needs to be refrigerated for thirty minutes to allow it to cool and thicken. While the batter is chilling, prepare individual ramekins with melted butter or cooking spray and sprinkle with cocoa powder to ensure that the cakes come out of the ramekins.
Scoop the batter into the prepared ramekins, bake the cakes and then gently place an inverted plate on the top of each ramekin to release the cakes onto the dessert plate. The flourless molten chocolate cakes can also be served in the ramekins clean and easy presentation.
The Best Toppings for a Flourless Molten Chocolate Cake
The rich soft centered chocolate cake can stand on its own, but adding a garnish will only make this cake more elegant. Once the molten cake is placed on a dessert plate, garnish, serve and enjoy! Adding fresh raspberries, strawberries or other fresh fruit is a great and delicate option or ice cream, caramel sauce and fresh whipped cream for a decadent ending.
Tips & FAQS for The Best Flourless Molten Chocolate Cakes
- If you don’t have ramekins you can use a muffin pan that is coated in melted butter and cocoa powder
- Make the batter in advance to save time but make sure that the batter sits out at room temperature before you bake it or the baking time will take longer
- Bake them right before you are ready to serve them for the best molten experience
- If you bake in advance and warm them to serve, they will still taste great but won’t be as liquid in the center
- These Flourless Molten Chocolate Cakes are naturally Gluten Free!
- You can serve these cake right in the ramekins to avoid an extra step of removing them…they still taste amazing!
- You will be addicted to these and will need them for every special occasion!
Shops Items You Need To Make These Cakes
Flourless Molten Chocolate Cake
Stay in and make it extra special with your favorite meal and the most decadent Flourless Molten Chocolate Cake. Naturally gluten free and made with only six ingredients, this molten cake has the elements of a classic chocolate cake and a soufflé mixed together.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Cakes
- Cuisine: Dessert
Flourless Molten Chocolate Cake
1 1/4 Cup Semi Sweet Chocolate
3/4 Cup (1 1/2 sticks) Unsalted Butter
1 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
1/4 Cup Cornstarch
4 Egg Yolks
Prepare the Ramekins
- Spray the individual Ramekins with non stick cooking spray or brush them with melted butter and sprinkles with cocoa powder to ensure cakes will come out of the ramekins
Prepare the Flourless Molten Chocolate Cake Batter
- Combine the chocolate and butter in a microwave safe bowl; microwave on high for 30 second increments until the chocolate and butter are melted and smooth; set aside
- In a mixing bowl with paddle attachment, combine the granulated sugar and corn starch and pour the melted chocolate into the mixing bowl and continue mixing on low speed until fully combined
- Slowly add the eggs and egg yolks to the chocolate mixture and mix on medium speed until all eggs are incorporated
- Pour the batter into a bowl or container and refrigerate for 30 minutes (the batter will thicken)
- While the batter is chilling, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and place the prepared ramekins on a baking sheet
Bake the Flourless Molten Chocolate Cakes
- Scoop the batter into ramekins and fill 3/4 full
- Bake for 20-22 minutes until the sides of the cake looks baked but the center still looks soft
- Remove the ramekins from the oven and allow them to cool for 2-3 minutes
- Serve the cakes in the ramekins or gently place an inverted plate on the top of each ramekin and turn over (these will be hot so be careful)
- Once the cake releases from the ramekins, garnish with fresh raspberries and mint and serve immediately!
- If you would like to prepare these ahead of time, make the batter 2-3 days before your event and place in an air tight container in the refrigerator
- When you are ready to use, allow the batter to come to room temperature, scoop the batter into ramekins on the day of your event and then bake 18-20 minutes before you are ready to serve!
- If you bake the batter when it is cold, it will require a longer baking time (approximately 25 minutes)
Keywords: Flourless Molten Chocolate Cake