Rich dark chocolate, semi sweet chocolate chips and shredded zucchini make for one awesome cake. Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bundt Cake is perfect for any celebration and I promise, your kids won’t even know there are veggies in there! I have to say, out of all desserts, anything chocolate is my go to. I love brownies over cookies, chocolate cake over vanilla cake and chocolate ice cream over any other flavor (maybe cookies and cream comes to a close second). I do prefer semi sweet chocolate over milk chocolate because it takes some of that sweetness out and I cannot stand an overly sweet dessert. I say this, but what I have realized is that I have not shared a ton of my favorite chocolate desserts with you and this is going to change.
To start, this Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bundt cake is one of the best. It is rich but not sweet and full of depth with the semi sweet chocolate chip and the interesting character that the zucchini gives. You definitely don’t taste the zucchini, even my kids loved it. I let them in on the secret and it didn’t scare them off, it was so good!
Although this can be made in a 2 loaf pans, I love the idea of the bundt to make it a little bit more formal and can be served at any party, gathering or simply a sweet treat to end the day. Once the cake is baked, my favorite addition is the layer of chocolate ganache that is poured over the top. Semisweet chocolate and heavy cream create the perfect shine and finishing touch that will take this chocolate chip zucchini bundt cake to the next level.
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bundt Cake
Rich dark chocolate, semi sweet chocolate chips and shredded zucchini make for one awesome cake. Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bundt Cake is perfect for any celebration and I promise, your kids won’t even know there are veggies in there!
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cups Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 Cup Buttermilk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Zucchini, Shredded
- 1 Cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 1/2 Cups Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray and dust with cocoa powder
- In a bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt; set aside
- In a mixing bowl with paddle attachment combine the eggs, brown sugar, vegetable oil, buttermilk, and vanilla extract and beat on low speed until fully combined
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients (the batter will be very thick)
- Once the dry ingredients are combined, add in the shredded zucchini
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and fold in the chocolate chips
- Pour batter into prepared bundt pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
- Pour the heavy cream in a small saucepan
- Bring the heavy cream to a simmer
- Pour the chocolate chips into the heavy cream and allow to sit for two minutes
- Slowly whisk the ganache to combine the cream and chocolate (do not over whisk or there will be air bubbles in the ganache)
- Once the cake is baked and cooled, pour the ganache over the bundt cake
- Allow the ganache to set for about 20 minutes before cutting into it