A birthday celebration complete with Funfetti French Macarons and the most colorful party table. Vibrant plates, napkins, party hats and festive decor is the perfect way to set the table for the ultimate at home birthday party.
Hooray! It's time to celebrate and I am here for all the color, all the patterns and all the fun. Once the menu is set, designing the table is the next best part of party planning and I am so excited to get help from Gatherings by Curated Paperie and the Colorful Birthday Party 8 Piece Set. A box full of paper plates, napkins, cups, utensils, decorations and confetti is curated to fit the theme of your party and delivered straight to your door. The best part of this delivery is that there is no running around from party store to party store to find the perfect pieces for the table and I was able to focus on baking our favorite classic chocolate layer cake or the best vanilla cake and funfetti french macarons for the party.
Whats included in the Colorful Birthday Party Box?
- 8 Centerpiece Fans
- Pinstripe Tablecover (102" in. x 54" in.)
- Confetti Bag
- 8 Party Hats
- 12 (9 oz.) Paper Cups
- 30 Piece Wood Cutlery with service for 10 people
- 20 Dinner Napkins
- 16 Cocktail/Dessert Napkins
- 8 Paper Dinner Plates
- 10 Paper Dessert Plates
Funfetti French Macarons
Classic french macarons are the sweetest bite size treat that are made super festive with rainbow sprinkles and the most velvety white chocolate ganache filling. Funfetti French Macarons are made with a crunchy and chewy white macaron shell garnished with vibrant rainbow sprinkles to match the party decor. Once the macaron shells are baked the filling is the next best thing. Whipped chocolate ganache is made with only two ingredients but makes a huge statement when sandwiched between two cookie shells. White chocolate and heavy whipping cream make up the creamiest filling paired perfectly with funfetti macarons.
Powdered Sugar-Processing the powdered sugar is very important in this recipe to be sure that there are no course pieces that will come through when baking
Almond Flour-Blanched almonds that have been ground to make a flour like consistency, but slightly different than Almond Meal that is ground up with the skin on. This ingredients is naturally gluten free.
Egg White Powder - This is simply powdered egg whites that act as a stabilizer for the macarons shells. Using egg white powder will give them a beautiful consistency of crunchy on the outside and soft in the center
Egg Whites- Whipped egg whites to soft peak will allow the cookies to rise up while baking creating a perfectly crunchy outside and chewy center
Rainbow Sprinkles- Putting the fun in "funfetti" rainbow sprinkles are added to a classic macaron to make these the ultimate birthday treat
Whipped White Chocolate Ganache Filling- Made with only two ingredients, white chocolate and heavy cream, whipped to create a fluffy and light filling
More Ultimate Party Recipes
Thank you visiting Joy + Oliver. If you tried this recipe, please leave a 5 Star Review in the recipe card and save all your favorite recipes to Pinterest!
Funfetti French Macarons
Classic French Macaron
- 200 grams Powdered Sugar (1 ½ Cups)
- 115 grams Almond Flour (1 Cup)
- 90 grams Egg Whites (3)
- 8 grams Egg White Powder (1 Tablespoon)
- 30 Grams Powdered Sugar ¼ Cup
- Rainbow Sprinkles
Whipped White Chocolate Ganache
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 ½ Cups White Chocolate Chopped
Prepare the Classic French Macaron Batter
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a silpat
- In the bowl of a food processor combine the almond flour (115 grams) and the powdered sugar (200 grams) and pulse for one minute or until all is combined and smooth
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine the egg white and egg white powder and whisk on high speed until the egg whites are soft peaks
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and sift the almond flour and powderd sugar mixture over the top of the meringue and gently fold the meringue until smooth and you can make ribbons with the batter, but do not overmix
- Transfer the batter into a piping bag and pipe 1.5 inch rounds about 2 inches apart on the lined baking sheets
- Add sprinkles to the top of each piped cookie let the macarons sit on the baking sheet for 20-30 minutes to dry out before baking (this is very important...do not skip this step)
- Bake for 11-12 minutes, turning the baking sheet half way through
- Remove the macarons from the oven and allow them to cool completely for 20 minutes before filling
Prepare The White Chocolate Ganache Filling
- In a small saucepan bring the heavy cream to a simmer and then remove the saucepan from the heat
- Add the white chocolate pieces to the sauce pan and slowly whisk until the smooth and creamy
- Pour the white chocolate ganache into a small bowl or container and refrigerate until it thickens and becomes a paste consistancy
- Once the white chocolate ganache is cooled and thick, transfer the ganache to a mixing bowl with a whisk attachment and whisk on high speed for 4-5 minutes or until the ganache become thick, fluffy and smooth
Assemble Funfetti French Macarons
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, flip half of the macaron shells over to have the flat side up
- Using a piping bag with star tip (#18) pipe the Whipped White Chocolate Ganache to fill the base of half of the macaron shells
- Using the remaining macaron shells, sandwich the macarons together
- Refrigerate for 10-20 minutes to allow the filling to set and place on a serving platter and enjoy (if you are not serving immediately, macarons can stay in the refrigerator but remove them about 10 minutes before you are ready to serve them)
- For a more exact measurement I like to weigh my ingredients using the metric system and this cookie is worth taking the time to do that.
- Use a silpat with the macaron template, this will help you get each cookie to be the same size and they come off much easier than parchment paper
- Do not skip the food processing and sifting stage for the dry ingredients. This will make your cookies smooth and shiny.
This post is sponsored by Gatherings by Curated Paperie