Waking up to a Strawberry Yogurt Muffin is the perfect way to get your day started. Made with fresh strawberries and greek yogurt, you are going to love the simplicity of this fresh fruit muffin and the perfect tender texture.
I am always up for a great muffin and a fresh strawberry and greek yogurt muffin is a great addition to every morning routine or brunch! Strawberry Yogurt Muffins are made with fresh diced strawberries and greek yogurt and lemon zest for a pure and simple start to the day!
Plain or strawberry greek yogurt both work perfect in this recipe, but I love the extra punch of flavor that the strawberry yogurt adds. I whipped up a batch of these muffins for several days in a row and my kids have loved them and agreed that these are pretty great!
Flour- All purpose flour is all you need for this recipe, but you can also replace if for gluten free flour if needed!
Leavening Agent- One tablespoon of baking powder is what gives these muffins an extra boost and a beautiful big top! You will also need a small of amount of baking soda that reacts with the yogurt.
Yogurt-Plain or strawberry greek yogurt!
Sugar- Granulated sugar will add a touch of sweet
Butter- Make sure to melt the better and allow some time for it to cool before adding into the batter.
Lemon-I love the addition of the lemon zest with the fresh strawberry flavor. There is not juice necessary, just the zest.
Fresh Strawberries-Fresh and only fresh strawberries for this muffin recipe! Frozen strawberries would not do great and would change the texture.
How To Make Strawberry Yogurt Muffins
In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, granulated sugar, eggs, melted butter, vanilla extract and lemon zest until fully combined. Slowly add in the dry ingredients and continue whisking until all ingredients are mixed together and smooth
It is important to coat the fresh strawberries in a small amount of flour before adding them to the muffin batter. This ensures that the strawberries get evenly distributed throughout the batter and don't fall to the bottom of the muffins. This is great to do with all fresh fruit going into a muffin batter.
Combine The Strawberries and Muffin Batter
Once the strawberries are coated in the flour, gently fold the strawberries into the muffin batter. You do not want to whisk it together or your will mash up the fruit to much.
Prepare The Muffin Pan and Fill
Prepare the muffin pan by spraying each cavity with nonstick spray or use cupcake liners and then scoop the muffin batter to fill each muffin cavity ¾ full.
For garnish I love adding one slice of strawberry and a sprinkle of sugar in the raw or sugar crystals to the top of each muffin that will bake into the muffin and add a nice texture.
Bake the muffins for approximately 20 minutes or until the muffins are light golden brown and spring back at the touch. You can also use a toothpick or knife to test if the muffins are ready.
Tips and FAQS To Make The Best Muffins
Room Temperature Ingredients
The key to making tender and delicious muffins is making sure your ingredients are left out at room temperature until you are ready to bake.
This muffin really needs fresh strawberries and not frozen. The fresh strawberries will fold in the batter nicely and have a delicious flavor once they are baked!
If you have a great nonstick muffin pan you can either choose to spray the muffin pan with non stick spray or use muffin liners to fill the cavities and bake the batter into. Either option is great and the muffins will turn out wonderful! One of my favorite new muffin pans is from the new Caraway Bakeware Set!!
Muffins usually stay fresh for 2 days, but if you want to make these in advance to always have on hand, make sure to bake a batch and then individually wrap the muffins and freeze them! This makes for an easy grab and go breakfast!
After baking these muffins, you can store them in an airtight container on the counter or in the refrigerator for 2 days. If you plan to keep them longer, it is best to wrap the muffins individually and freeze the muffins until you are ready to serve!
More Muffin Recipes You Will Love
Thank you for visiting Joy + Oliver. If you tried this recipe, please leave a 5 Star Review in the recipe card and save all your favorite recipes to Pinterest!
Strawberry Yogurt Muffins
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour + 1 Tablespoon to coat strawberries
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 ½ Cups Greek Yogurt Plain or Strawberry Flavor
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- ½ Cup Unsalted Butter Melted and Cooled
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 1 ½ Cups Fresh Strawberries Diced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and prepare a muffin pan with baking spray or muffin liners
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside
- In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, granulated sugar, eggs, melted butter, vanilla extract and lemon zest until fully combined
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients and continue whisking until all ingredients are mixed together and smooth
- Coat the diced strawberries with 1 tablespoon of all purpose flour and then fold the strawberries into the muffin batter
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin pan to be ¾ full
- Optional: add one slice of a strawberry on top of each muffin before baking
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until the muffins are baked all the way through and they are light golden on top
- Allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes before removing them from the muffin pan, serve and enjoy!