This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HomemadePizzaCrust #CollectiveBias #BakefromScratch
Simple and quick homemade pizza made of honey, pears, prosciutto, goat cheese and fresh arugula is the perfect combination of flavors for the start of a new year!
A new year calls for new traditions! I love all the celebrations during the holiday season, but I miss the simple dinners with my family gathered around the table enjoying fresh homemade meals! This year we are adding a new tradition, family pizza night. Family pizza night with fresh homemade pizza dough does not have to be complicated and does not have to be an all day preparation. My go to 30 minute pizza dough is simple and easy using Fleischmann’s® RapidRise Yeast. The dough is the quickest part of the process and your favorite pizza will be on your table and ready to enjoy!
Whether you are a classic pizza maker or you like to branch out with seasonal flavors, this pizza crust made with Fleischmann’s® RapidRise Yeast is going to be the base for all of your pizza creations! Honey, pear and prosciutto pizza is the perfect combination of sweet and savory; topped with crumbled goat cheese, sliced shallots, pears, prosciutto and arugula.
Making pizza dough can definitely be the most intimidating part of the process. Using Fleischmann’s® RapidRise Yeast will ease your fear and bring confidence into the kitchen. The key to your success while working with yeast is the temperature of the liquid and making sure that the yeast is not expired. Start by mixing the dry ingredients together followed my warm water and oil. The water needs to be at a temperature of 120-130 degrees F for the yeast to activate, if the water is too hot or too cold, the dough will not rise. Kneading the dough with your hands will create the smooth elasticity that the dough needs to be the perfect texture. Here is where the magic happens, the pizza dough will rise for ten minutes and then you are ready to start your pizza creation.
Honey, pear and prosciutto pizza is made with the most delicious homemade pizza crust, baked in thirty minutes and toppings that will impress any guest or perfect for a simple meal with your family.
Honey Pear Prosciutto Pizza
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- 30 Minute Pizza Crust
- 1–3/4 to 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope Fleischmann’s® RapidRise Yeast
- 1–1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup warm water (120° to 130°F)*
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 ounces Goat Cheese, Crumbled
- 1 Shallot, Sliced
- 1 Bosc Pear, Sliced
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 3 ounces Prosciutto
- 1 ounce Arugula
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic Reduction
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl
- Add warm water and oil; mix until well blended, about 1 minute
- Slowly add the remaining flour to make a soft dough; the dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky
- Knead the dough on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic; knead for about 4 minutes
- Shape the dough into a ball and place in an oiled bowl; cover the bowl with a towel
- Allow the dough to rise for 10 minutes (the dough should double in size)
- Pat the dough with floured hands or roll the dough out into a 12” circle or oval and place on a greased baking sheet or pizza pan
- Brush the dough with olive oil
- Crumble goat cheese to cover the dough
- Add sliced shallots, sliced pears and drizzle honey on top of the goat cheese
- Bake the pizza for 15 minutes
- Remove the pizza from the oven and add the prosciutto; return the pizza to the oven to bake for another 3-5 minutes or until crust is golden brown
- Remove the pizza from the oven, top with arugula and drizzle with balsamic reduction
- Serve hot and enjoy!