A classic holiday cookie that adds texture, color and a festive flair to your dessert table. Spritz Cookies are buttery, not to sweet and can be piped into a variety of shapes and styles.
What is a spritz cookie? A name that might not be common to most, but when you see them, you know them. A buttery cookie that holds its shape when piped or pressed can be made into trees, stars, or piped into a simple log, dipped in chocolate and garnished with colorful sprinkles. This cookie will melt in your mouth and add color to your holiday table! Whether you are using a cookie press or a piping bag with a star tip, Spritz Cookies are super festive.
- Yield: 60 1x
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 ¼ Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 Egg Yolks
- ½ tsp Almond Extract
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 ½ Cups All Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2-4 Tbsp Whole Milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a mixing bowl with paddle attachment, cream together the butter and granulated sugar
- Add in egg yolks one at a time, almond extract and vanilla extract to the butter and beat until fluffy; scrape down sides in between each addition
- Add flour to the mixing bowl and beat until the batter in combined
- Slowly add in milk to the dough, one tablespoon at a time until the dough is at a good piping consistency (the dough will be thick)
- Transfer the dough to a piping bag with star tip or to a spritz cookie press
- Pipe or press the dough onto the prepared sheet pans and bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until slightly golden brown
- Dip the cookies in melted chocolate and garnish with colorful sprinkles!
- Makes 5 dozen