Mini Snickerdoodle Cookies are a bite-sized treat, offering the perfect blend of cinnamon and sugar and the most irresistible soft and chewy texture. A quick and easy recipe that requires no mixer is made from a classic dough of butter, sugar and flour and coated in the perfect amount of cinnamon sugar before baking!
An easy and quick recipe that is going to steal your heart, these homemade mini snickerdoodle cookies are truly the most perfect cookie. Made with a classic butter, sugar and flour dough but enhanced with cinnamon on the inside and coated in cinnamon sugar on the outside. Using only one bowl and no mixer required you can bake these cookies up in less than twenty minutes and be ready to serve a crowd.
Gather Your Ingredients
Flour- Easy recipe using just your pantry staple All Purpose Flour!
Baking Soda- Creating the perfect rise and chewy texture. Don't replace baking soda for baking powder, it will change the texture of the cookie.
Cinnamon- Adding the perfect amount of cinnamon is what makes this butter cookie into a snickerdoodle.
Unsalted Butter-Melt the butter and allow it to cool slightly before adding the other ingredients to it.
Sugar- There are two types of sugar in this cookie dough recipe; granulated sugar and light brown sugar.
Egg-One egg is all you need!
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter to be almost fully melted but not hot
- Add the light brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla extract into the melted butter and whisk until smooth
- Add the egg and continue whisking until fully combined
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon into the butter mixture and using a spatula, stir until all ingredients are fully incorporated
Scoop and Bake Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Using a 1 Tablespoon spoon or scoop, scoop the batter into a ball and place on the prepared baking sheet pan
- Once all the dough is scooped, roll each ball of dough into the cinnamon sugar and place back on the baking sheet about 3 inches apart
- Bake the cookies at 350 degrees F for 7-8 minute or until the cookies have puffed up and you see a few small cracks in the cinnamon sugar
- Remove the cookie dough from the oven and allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes before serving
How To Store The Cookies
These soft and chewy Snickerdoodle Cookies are small in size so can dry out easily. Once the cookies are baked, they are best enjoyed warm or within 1-2 days of baking them. Store the cookies in an airtight container if you are going to save them for another day!
Expert Tips and FAQS
- Room Temperature Ingredients will give you the best outcome when baking Snickerdoodle Cookies.
- These cookies do not need chill time before baking, but if you want to prep the batter the night before, you can refrigerate it until you are ready to scoop and bake.
- Using a small ice cream scoop is the best way to get a consistent size and shape when you are baking cookies
You can either scoop the batter and freeze the cookie dough balls before baking them or bake them and store them in an airtight container and freeze. Both options work great, but I love pulling the cookie dough out of the freezer and enjoying a fresh baked snickerdoodle cookie!
Yes! If you scoop the cookies larger just be sure to adjust the baking time!
More Cookies You Will Love
Thank you for visiting Joy + Oliver. If you tried this recipe, please leave a 5 Star Review in the recipe card and save all your favorite recipes to Pinterest!
The Best Mini Snickerdoodle Cookies
- ½ Cup Unsalted Butter Melted
- ½ Cup Light Brown Sugar
- ¼ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- 1 ½ Cups All Purpose Flour
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Combine the granulated sugar and cinnamon; set aside
Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a sheet pan with parchment paper
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter until almost fully melted but not hot
- Add the light brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla extract into the melted butter and whisk until combined
- Add the egg and continue whisking until combined
- Scoop the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt into the bowl with the butter mixture and using a spatula, stir until fully incorporated
- Using a 1 tablespoon scoop or spoon, scoop the batter into a ball and place on the prepared sheet pan
- Once all the dough is scooped, roll each dough ball into the cinnamon sugar until fully coated
- Place the cookie dough back onto the sheet pan about 3 inches apart
- Bake the cookies at 350 degrees F for 7-8 minute and the cookies have slightly puffed up and there are a few small cracks on the top
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool for 5 minutes
- Serve and Enjoy!!!