A kid friendly dessert for Halloween that the whole family will love. Mummy's, monsters and pumpkins, Halloween Cookie Critters are classic Oreo cookies dipped in white chocolate and decorated for a fun halloween celebration!
A super fun way to get your kids involved and a dessert that everyone will enjoy! When it comes to halloween, it is one of those holidays that you can go over the top and create all snacks to be spooky and sweet. From Halloween Snack Mix, Hocus Pocus Punch, Halloween Shortbread Cookies, and these Halloween Cookie Critters; you are sure to have the best celebration ever!
How To Make Halloween Cookie Critters
Making Halloween Cookie Critters cannot be easier to do, but you do need to make sure you have all ingredients on hand. Starting with Oreo cookies as the base of the cookie critters. If you choose to use a popsicle stick, place the stick in between the sandwiched cookie and refrigerate until you are ready to start dipping. Using white chocolate chips, you will have the most delicious cookie critters around. To ensure the the chocolate is thin enough and smooth enough to dip the Oreos, add in coconut oil to the chocolate chips and melt in the microwave for thirty second increments until the chocolate is completely melted. Divide the white chocolate into separate bowls and color according to the critter you are choosing to make. Have fun with candy eye balls and other decorations to create the fun and festive Halloween Cookie Critters.
Halloween Cookie Critters
Mummy's, Pumpkins & Monsters Cookie Critters
12 Oreo Cookies
12 Popsicle Sticks (optional)
2 Cups White Chocolate Chips
1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
Food Coloring: Orange and Green
Candy Eye Balls
- Prepare a sheet pan with parchment paper
- Place the Oreo cookies on the prepared sheet pan and add the popsicle sticks in between the sandwiched cookies
- In a microwave safe bowl combine the white chocolate chips and coconut oil and microwave for thirty second increments until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth
- Mummy Critters- dip the Oreo in the white chocolate and gently shake the excess chocolate off. Place the white chocolate dipped Oreo on the sheet pan, place the two candy eye balls on the wet white chocolate and and allow it to dry completely. Once the white chocolate base is dry, drizzle white chocolate over the coated cookie to create a mummy look
- Pumpkin Critters-Once the white chocolate is melted add one to two drops of orange food coloring and mix until fully combine. Dip the Oreo cookie into the orange colored white chocolate and gently shake the excess white chocolate off. Place the orange coated Oreo on the sheet pan and allow it to dry completely. Using a piping back, pipe the remaining orange white chocolate onto the pumpkin to create vertical lines. Using a small piece of pretzel or a chocolate sprinkle, place it for the stem
- Monster Critters-Once the white chocolate is melted add one to two drops of green food coloring and mix until fully combine. Dip the Oreo cookie into the green colored white chocolate and gently shake the excess white chocolate off. Place the green coated Oreo on the sheet pan, place one or more eye balls and allow it to dry completely.
- Once the Halloween Cookie Critters are dried, place them on a serving platter or package for gifting