Celebrating Halloween with a super easy, quick and festive snack that is kid and adult friendly. Halloween Snack Mix is a perfect sweet and salty treat that combines all our favorites, like popcorn, pretzels, cocoa cereal puffs and candy corn. Pair this snack mix with a healthy yet fun Halloween Snack Board filled with fruits, veggies and a few sweet treats.
While the full tradition of Halloween might not be something that you are exploring this year, alternative Halloween activities won’t make you feel like you are missing out on anything at all. Taking decorating to another level and bringing the Halloween spirit into your home this year will really help create a festive environment. Once the decorating is done, a simple yet super fun Halloween Snack Mix and Halloween Snack Board that the whole family can munch on throughout the night.
Halloween Snack Mix
Halloween Snack Mix is a recipe that can be altered to your liking but is made with popcorn, pretzels, cocoa puff cereal, candy corn and coated with white chocolate and halloween sprinkles. This snack mix is not only super festive and fun but will be hard to stop eating. (Recipe Below)
Halloween Snack Board
Curating a Halloween Snack Board with fruits, veggies, halloween candies, chocolate dipped oreos and caramel sauce gives a variety that your whole family is sure to love. This is a super simple way to feed just your family or feed a crowd and you are guaranteed to have something that everyone will enjoy.
- Pumpkin Oranges-manderin oranges, peeled with a celery stem
- Celery Monster Sticks- celery sticks filled with peanut butter and decorated with candy eyeballs
- Chocolate Dipped Mummy Oreos- classic oreos, dipped in white chocolate and decorated to look like mummys
- Homemade or Store bought Caramel Sauce and Apples for dipping
- Cheese Stick Ghosts
- Assorted Halloween Candy
Non Traditional Halloween Activites
- Halloween Movie Night- Pick a family friendly halloween movie, make Halloween Snack Mix and get cozy
- Halloween Bingo-Download a Halloween Bingo Board, use candy corn for the game pieces and enjoy and fun night around the table with games and snacks
- Halloween Candy Hunt-create a similar set up to an Easter Egg Hunt but hiding the Halloween Candy for your kids. This is a great activity that will give a similar feel to trick or treating
More Halloween Recipes You Will Love
Thank you for visiting Joy + Oliver. If you tried this recipe, please leave a 5 Star Review in the recipe card and save all your favorite recipes to Pinterest!
Please visit us on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest for more of our favorite recipes that you will love!
Halloween Snack Mix
- 5 Cups Popcorn popped
- 2 Cups Pretzels
- 1 Cup Cocoa Puff Cereal
- 1 Cup Candy Corn
- 1 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- Halloween Sprinkles
- Eyeball Sprinkles
- Prepare a sheet pan with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, mix together the popcorn, pretzels, cocoa puff cereal and candy corn; set aside
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt the white chocolate chips and coconut oil stirring every thirty seconds until fully melted
- Pour the white chocolate over the popcorn mixture and gently mix until the popcorn mixture is fully coated
- Spread the mixture onto a parchment lined baking sheet and add sprinkles and eyeballs while the white chocolate is still wet
- Allow the white chocolate to dry completely before scooping into a serving bowl or packaging
- Store in an airtight container for 2-3 days for the freshest snack mix
Wow! This is so cool! I have a quick question about Joy + Oliver. How long after you were blogging did you decide to change the name, how did you know what to name it, and did you have any issues afterwards? I am looking to change my blog name so would love some insights! Thanks!