Perfect for an afternoon pick-me-up, Peanut Butter Granola Balls are nutty, sweet, and nutrient-dense. They are the perfect healthy snack for after school, work, or whenever you need them!
I might be mildly obsessed with these little bitty bite-sized treats. I actually cannot stop eating them and I regularly make them as a snack for my girls (and maybe a little for me). When the school year starts, I always try to focus on making healthy snacks for my family. These are on the top of my list, along with this Blueberry Protein Smoothie.
Summer is kind of a party for our family: no schedule, no routine, and a lot of special treats (it helps us get through the day). Now that we are really back into the swing of things with school, I've been preparing myself with the perfect afternoon snacks that are healthy, easy to make, and that the whole family loves. These peanut butter granola balls are the perfect refuel treat after a long day at work or school. When we hit the hardest part of the day around 4:00 to 5:00, the whole family is hungry and I can't make dinner fast enough, this is when we need these healthy snacks ready to go.
I created these bite-sized granola balls because I wanted something quick and easy that I can whip up any time with no oven needed. I actually think these healthy treats taste more like dessert...and I am ok with that! Enjoy these for breakfast, snack, or as an after-dinner treat that you won't feel guilty about!
- Oats- Rolled oats work best
- Peanut Butter- The main ingredient that brings these balls together (can also use almond butter)
- Dried Cherries- Raisins or dried cranberries can also be used
- Chocolate Chips- You can experiment with semi-sweet, dark, or mini chocolate chips
- Coconut Flakes- Adds texture, can be replaced by sliced almonds
- Honey- For a touch of sweetness
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients
- Scoop 1 heaping tablespoon of the mixture at a time and roll into balls
- Enjoy or save for later
Tips and FAQs for Peanut Butter Granola Balls
- Feel free to change out some of the ingredients for your favorites (see ingredients list above).
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to eat.
More Recipes You Will Love
Chocolate Cherry Granola Balls
- Yield: 20 1x
- 1 cup oatmeal
- ½ cup peanut butter, creamy
- ½ cup dried cherries
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup coconut flakes, unsweetened
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl
- Mix until totally combined
- scoop a heaping 1 Tbsp of the oatmeal mixture and roll into balls
- Refrigerate in an airtight container until ready to eat!
I started making these for my husband and I. Our new treat. Hopefully my toddler will like them, when she is a bit older. Thankyou so much for this recipe! So good.
Kristen Massad says
Jessica, I am so happy you and your husband are loving these! They are truly our family favorite snack and perfect for kids! Happy Baking!
I'm making these today, and since both my girls have grown up and moved out (and my husband doesn't really eat sweets), I plan to eat every single one of them MYSELF!!!
kristen massad says
I hope you enjoyed them! I have made these several times and I am the one eating all of them!!!